Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hiatus? What hiatus?

Well, it was only a matter of time really, given the nature of this blog before I was sure to get distracted by something, or pulled away by something and have to move on.

Specifically, this time anyway, it was that I went back to Los Angeles for a little while, and then Iowa, and then Japan and well, the garden, though maintained in my absences by a few dedicated friends (Thanks, guys!) was left unrecorded for a significant stretch.

Coming back to it, nearly finished for the season, I felt sad and a little guilty about the abrupt cyber-silence. “But really,” I consoled myself, “Who reads this thing anyway? Would anybody even miss it?”

Well, I don’t actually have an answer for that, but a few weeks ago I received a comment about the blog being potentially mentioned in Florida Gardening Magazine. Suddenly I was flooded with guilt. Now what excuse do I have for not putting up an update?

I’ve got my public to think of!

Ok, probably not. But it really was time I got back to it, especially as I have recently (surprise, surprise) moved into an even sweeter house with a fellow gardener and we’ve been gearing up all week to get our brand new winter garden into the ground!

If there really was anyone who was missing this little blog, I am sorry, and I hope you can forgive me, and accept these photos from around June of some of the small bounty:



















These are my Green Zebras! See the stripes?

And here was my prize Cherokee Purple. It got huge! And, purple!


Those were my ambitious pole beans, doing what pole beans do. And there's my mini yellow watermelon patch down at the bottom of the picture.


And this was dinner one night. Pretty, no?

Anyway, that garden has been put to bed. But the blog has begun again. Do stop by soon and see how the new garden is shaping up!

No comments: