Monday, February 26, 2007

Spring?

Sue over at The Balcony Garden really nailed it when she said it’s actually February that’s the cruelest month. How can we resist the temptation to put things in the ground when the birds are singing and the jackets absent and the sky looks like this all day long?


It’s especially tricky when you just moved somewhere and haven’t learned the reality of the seasons yet.

Add to this the fact that it’s been 75 and sunny for nearly a week now and the 10-day forecast shows more of the same, and well, you’d be hard pressed to keep me from dashing down to the nursery to load up my radio flyer with an ambitious assortment of goodies.


Is it too early for all this? The nursery was buzzing. I’ll take my chances.

Besides, that’s the beauty of container gardening. If a cold snap threatens, I can just bring them all inside!

Does it get any better?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Spring is coming. I am very excited to get back out in the garden and do some serious planting. I love tomatoes and am going to plant a bunch of heirlooms this year. I am looking forward to yearing about your tomato growing!